Wednesday, December 8, 2004

Her Smile Pulls In The Dawn

Her sighs cracks breathless
and whispers in the dawn
always a faint twinkle
before night is totally gone

she silhouttes the moon
its aura not quite as strong
as when she aims her beam
and hums our favorite song

her smile pulls in the dawn
sensitivity showing in her eyes
with clarity unlike anything
one might see up in the skies

she is my awakening
my welcome to each day
feverisly I search for words
yet I fail at what to say

But I can tell of all the joy
as each new day gets a start
the pleasant emotions I feel
keeps her firmly in my heart
 
Del Cano 2004 December  

    

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your poetry and have added your link to my journal. Thank you for your beautiful comment in my journal. That picture is of The Sawtooth Mountain range, not too far from where I live here in Idaho. Honestly, the fishing is never that great there, but it's the scenery that draws me back time and time again. In my world, it's the most beautiful place on earth.
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Firmly and steadfast
the way that she should be
makes me wish for your sweet touch
Ah! if SHE were only me!

For you have that golden
view of soul's pleasing way
a vision with your awesome prose
really makes my day.....

Smile....the dawn breaks and she smiles.....

Hugs,
Chris