Thursday, November 3, 2005

Worn Corners of the Pages

On the worn corners of the pages
are earmarked spots I return to
and live again the joys and pain
life so gratiously put me thru.

The corners of the pages, worn
where the book of life's been read.
Folding back each page makes it easy
in locating all of what's been said.

I can visit with any good times
or sneak a peek in on the pain.
Easy to visit with sunshine days
or experience the storms again.

Every trip thru it allows
me to relive parts of my life.
Savor the years of loving
my children and my wife.

Can visit with my parents
even back to the grands.
The worn corners of the pages
mark parts of life's expanse.

Can see the steeple on the horizon;
the jungles of the Viet Nam war.
Can visit the rose garden we planted
or places where life left a scar.

Fishing trips all over the country
visits to other parts of the world.
Elation from promotions, successes
where I so danced and twirled.

Graduation days of my kids
walking down the isle at state.
So many visits of yesterdays
which so thrilled and satiate.

See myself telling Corporate America
so long for good and hello to my venture.
Buiding a new life on my own talents
a lasting and persistant adventure.

Burying beloved pets in the rose bed
saying good bye to so many a friend.
Time passing too steady and fast
I'm apt to wish to begin all over again.

Yes, the worn corners of the pages
tell a story of life for me and mine.
I'm so glad I can pull the book out
take a visit thru from time to time.

Del Cano 2005 Nov 


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to visit the book from time to time, to reflect, maybe even to heal.

Anonymous said...

I love to take mine out from time to time too...I love this stroll. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Yippee, I think the alerts are beginning to work again. Thank you both.
Smiles galore,
Spencer

Anonymous said...

your words,
like magic,
ring true for so many.
times of the past,
hopes of the future,
things that are visited
and revisited by plenty.
sometimes,
a thing or two gets blurred with time
and yet,
others simply erased from the mind.
But those times, moments
that are special play themselves
over and over
like movie reels,
started, stopped, restarted.
love, life, times of the dishearted.
we all know how you feel at times.
and at others, some of us are simply blind.
yet, no matter what sentiment you're going through,
your words are gracious, beautiful,
simple and true.
and i for one,
want to thank you
for all those beautiful words do.