Friday, November 18, 2005

Hearing Echos

As if I can hear the echos
that lonely droning sigh
folks rushing away
some not saying goodbye.
 
Like a swoosh
that gust of wind
some to places
aint never been
 
Advertising found in a basket
even in public bathrooms
slapping at us always
sweeping like brooms
 
Invasive, sure, no doubt
yet, I stumble thru it
as if it weren't there
ignore it, I just do it
 
Go to my place
starting to feel left out
spinning round and round
hearing a distant shout
 
Sounds of feet rushing
pounding a distant place
I keep hearing the echos
as frowns creep on my face.
 
Del Cano 2005 Nov
 
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Spencer You are a dear...we are all at blogspot.com When the lord of the blog Jimmie leaves, it is time. I have to keep my aol account but I do not have to blog with ads across my page...I will still get my alerts in my emails but the only post will be those to undo the ones who have infiltrated our blogs...cMp

Anonymous said...

Hello Spencer........Just as I come back I find that old friends are now gone and I probably will never hear from them again. I can't thank them now for inspiring me to come back to my AOL Journal. Your poems help me a lot........Thanks

Anonymous said...

A lot of people are going to blogspot. I can't say I blame them and may go myself. Is this what your poem is about? :) If not, it's fitting anyway. I'm still going to read everyone regardless of what I do. :) Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is what this is about. Feels like being forced from my home because of lousy neighbors.

Thanks dear. Just let me keep up with you where ever you are.

Spencer