Sunday, November 13, 2005

Ravaged by Flu

As I lay in a stupor
sweating like an athletic star.
Nothing was quite clear
wondered where you are.

Days and nights drifted
had no idea the time.
Everything a riddle
not one simple ryhme

Saw you on a swing
me pushing you gently.
We had to be children then
playing so intently.

In this foggy trip
things seemed awry.
Saw you staring
looked deep in your eye.

Thought you were loosing
me, the unbreakable rock
Could tell the fear you had
how you were in shock.

Nothing seemed to work
fever raged its course.
My speech rumbled oddly
unrecognizable and hoarse.

I remember clearly
when I spoke to you
saying touch me, touch me
ahh, it broke, feverish flu.

Everyone is happier now
tho I'm tired and worn
Slowly returning to normal
feeling like a new born.

Yep, must admit
I was frightened too.
Imagining going someplace
where there was no you.

Del Cano 2005 Nov 


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pretty!
V

Anonymous said...

Lovely metaphorical poem.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

I like it's meaning and how you bring it forth. :)