Sunday, November 13, 2005

Incident At the Plumbing Suppy House

It was an odd situation to say the least. Today I decided not to shave which made my face look like one of the homeless men I see in the downtown area. My white painter's pants were already dingy from me being in and out of the ditch we dug to replace the drain pipes. I left to make a dash to the plumbing supply house to get some fittings in which we never quite settled on the proper name for them. Standing in line chatting with similarly dressed plumbers and handy men talking over the drone of the loud speaker. Order for A-1 Plumbing ready at door #2.  Leak Proof Handy Service your order can be picked up at door #3.
Suddenly, all sound became mute and the quiet was defeaning. Above all that quiteness Elain's voice said crisply, the computers are down again please line up behind check out counter #1 and you will still be waited on by the number you have.
  An additional hush fell over the order counter area and heads turned in unison as they began to follow the entrance of a most startling speciman of a woman. From my vantage point I could only see the attractive face of a woman speaking on a cell phone. It was easy to see there was more to her than a pretty face cause all eyes were facing downward.

Being next to be waited on I was negotiating my order when suddenly the aroma of jasmine struck me and the sweetest voice said, honey, you left early last night. Knowing she couldn't be speaking to me I didn't even turn around. I was forced to when she grabbed the back of my shirt and kissed me on the cheek. As she handed the counter person a list she hooked my arm and helped to spin me around as I vaguely heard the counter man say pick it up at door #2. She lead me thru the gawking eyes of the crowd chatting furiously and obviously putting on a show for them. We had barely
gotten to the pick up area when she purred, "you are a good sport." Seeing the confusion on my face she started explaining. Said," Charlie knows with my body and this type outfit  I can always sneak my way up front and leave his order so when he comes by its ready."
  Spose she was right. With those below the navel pants barely covering that seemly molded arse and the top which almost covered her breast her whole body seemed to be screaming, "touch me, touch me."   Thinking her little charade was over I headed to my van to load the supplies. She huffed, "you gonna just leave me here". Unthinking I quickly offered, "and what did you expect of me."Her grin turned to a huge smile as she sultrily batted her eyebrows.  "Baby, I am available. I love faces like yours and I know you'd love what I have to offer."   I said with a sigh," I'm not in  a position to help you. Have a good day." Her face turned ugly and penetrating as she blurted "no one turns me down. Who the hell you think you are." I broke out in roarous uncontrollable laughter which angered her even more. She spit out a tyrade of expletives as she finally walked away. I got in the van and headed back to the job site. All the time thinking bout how I am known to support women but this is one of those who helps to lay a lousy image for women trying to be decent.   As I scratched my unshaven face I'm thinking, yeah, she likes faces like mine.
Sigh!
Spencer 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Spencer I was with you every inch of the way and to the dramatic climax which makes me proud to say "yea, I read his journals, and behind that unshaven face is a sensitive man with a heart of gold.

PS: thanks for leaving a comment in my journal  or I might not have got to read you today.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry
http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/PurelyPoetry  

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a story and how mean! A user for sure. Glad you got out ok. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW

Anonymous said...

Spence it takes all kinds.  Won't she be a mess when she gets to our age? Beauty surely will not shine from her face....Sandi