Thursday, June 23, 2005

When Was I Yours

You were mine that day
that one day our muses met
and drank of the tomorrows
never to be we both bet.

You were mine that one day
we sailed the skies in poetic bliss.
Danced to a myriad of violins
and sealed the dream with a kiss.

You were mine as we touched
in a fog of what never could be
But wallowed in shared need
submerge, engulfed so totally.

On that one day we layed
in love's promised passion.
Startled by the sudden arousal
made love in wild wanton fashion.

That one day we shared
the heat radiating from our pores.
Yet, I knew right then one day 
you would be asking, "When Was I Yours".
  

Del Cano 2005 June

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOO HOT TO HANDLE SO I WILL NOT SAY A WORD  COURTENAY

Anonymous said...

This was simply an amazing poem, it made me think of relationships I have had. I loved it, you have what I would call a true God given gift!

Truly,
Kandyce