Tuesday, June 7, 2005

Life's Black Cloud

Being an optimist as well
tend to ignore the black cloud
as I continue on a positive way
I just have to shout out loud.

Even when the rains come
I look past to see the light
tho the storm might be heavy
I struggle to keep it bright.

See, I've been in the mist of it
the heaviest of what can be.
Trauma beyond my wildest
nightmares have befallen me.

Somehow I made it thru
found my lighted guiding path.
Refused to bow under the weight
of the black cloud's heavy wrath.

Oh, there are times I share
silent raindrops in the mist
but thru the fog of it all
I still say I've really been kissed.

So don't worry bout that black cloud
it will always hang up in the sky
to remind us there is joy and love
as life goes on lumbering by.  

A response to a write by Sandi
Del Cano 2005 June
 
  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww, spence, this is such an enjoying read ... you've the softness and understanding of the seasons of life's black clouds ... you've certainly come through with the silver lining in this piece, my friend ... luvvin' this, as always ... sue