Thursday, June 23, 2005

Think I'll Call Off Today

Think I'll call off today
lack of interest to address
any of the issues of now
this, I must confess.
 

I'll slide back inside
my warm cocoon lair
skip this day's problems
poof, off into thin air.
 

Think I'll ignore today
tomorrow can come early
don't wish to be sour
nor brash and not surly.
 

If I can skip today
refuse to face reality
get a break from the horrors
the weight of mentality.
 

I know it will be there
when I open my cocoon
but a day of respite is
like a bright day in June.
 

I'll just call off today
relax and be at ease
start tomorrow off
joyfully, if you please.
   

Del Cano 2004 November  
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I said when I read this before, I can relate to the sentiments.  Funny, I expect words, poems, that have a sad skew to create melencholy; but often it's more like having a friend who seems to understand how you feel.  

Good work!
Dawn

Anonymous said...

This one speaks to my soul ...often I look out on my beautiful ranch and I am so overwhelmed and my soul speaks:
I suddenly realize I do not own it ; it owns me!" I wish to escape to the simple life of living in a condo so I might feel free to live...how I wish I had a cocoon ....cmp

Anonymous said...

Hello.....I was reading this poem and I felt like this today. Your words are exactly what I felt.