Saturday, June 4, 2005

Sanctuary

I'll clown my way thru the day
then smile to the world.
But when darkness comes
the tears shall unfurl.

 

 
  I wear a bright and smiling mask
   that few suspect or see beyond
   but alone at night when all is dark
   I let the sobs of loneliness come

  
I stand tall to many
yet humped so tired
needing some relief  
from life's full mire.

 

  
Folks look to me for advice, support
   when sometimes all I want is a hug
   they expect my lively, happy nature
   I sweep all the rest neatly under the rug

 

All the fits of the day
stir my heart's mix
Love crams my soul
to keep it really fixed.

 

  
I've been in love, been out of it too
   but given the choice I'll take love any day
   the intimacy . . . just the pure magick of touch
   keeps the ache of loneliness safely at bay

 

I long for the days
I could run and jump
yet, now I am left
with only a lump.

 

  
I ring my neck when the stiffness sets in
   elevate my feet every now and then
   haven't taken to napping, no, not quite yet
   but have seen days of running come to an end

 

Soft tears of wonderment
of days all but gone.
Time seems to wither
as if something is wrong.

 

  
Yet still there's a force way deep inside
   that continues to inspire this youthful feeling
   I manage to move through my day with wonder
   the sight of a butterfly sets my heart reeling

  
Nothing but a wave
at the what used to be.
But I'll trudge on daily
taking what life gives to me.

 

  
If I could offer you anything at all
   it would be the spirit that sparks your heart
   to become timeless and light in the glow of love
   just as you did for me, right from the start

  

 

Del Cano 2005 May

   
Naia 2005 May






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The two of you have a great chemistry going; Excellent Job!!!!!!! I give you a "10"!

Ms Pscott40