Thursday, June 23, 2005

When The Muse Calls

Ah, your muse must be kin
to the one who compels me.
Seems they have similar traits
in thoughts you will see.

Often I sit and ponder
self be immersed in ink;
suddenly clarity comes
instantly, quick as a wink.

Mountains be climbed
stars sparkle and shine.
Words are poured as if
they could not be mine.

Have no Siren to alert
nor soft touch to tell
but I must admit
I hear my muse's yell.

When the shouting starts
like mighty rolling balls
fingers race to place the words
"When the Muse Calls".

Del Cano 2005 May

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINGERS RACE TO PLACE THE WORDS WHEN THE MUSE CALLS....O YOU HAVE CAPTURED IT HERE AND WHEN I HAVE NOT OBEYED IT IS LOST FOREVER I TRULY CAN FORGET WHAT WAS SAID...LOVE THIS ONE!
http://journals.aol.com/courtenaymphelan/discernment/

Anonymous said...

Calling all muses that are amusin'
I will laugh at your jokes and then use 'em

I'm cruisin' in neutral waitin' to be
A star of shock and awe quality

Moms Mably's got nothin' at all on me
A star that will live for eternity

I just need my very amusin' muse
Then I won't be shy and stare at my shoes

I will simply walk out on stage and speak
They will laugh, scream and jump until they're weak

You say that all I do is piss and moan
Just wait 'til my new muse is on the phone

I'm gonna shine and earn more than a dime
MUSE, there's no more time cuz I'm outta rhyme

      WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU???


I've been hearing much ado about muses . . .  and I get silly on most subjects, so here's my take on a muse!  SMILES!

http://journals.aol.com/ccancu/CEEGEEATLARGE