Tuesday, June 7, 2005

As If You Were A Dream

I felt the kiss upon my lips
tho fevered from the need
the softest of touch in the rain
begged you and I plead.

Not one inkling of fodder
was lost in the transaction.
My desire to love you was
balanced by your reaction.

Could feel the storm within
pleasantness of your grace.
The lights of night glowed
the passion on your face.

No civil salutations
could have affects, it seems.
I imagined you kissing my lips
as if you were.... but a dream.

Del Cano 2005 May

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's something special that I see
In every line of poetry
Your words are sweet and so sincere
(the kind the girls all like to hear)

So when I'm online
You know I race
to see the prose
at Spencer's Place!

(Just catching up...  love all the new stuff.  The moods and thoughts are so diverse lately....  wonderful!)
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Oh man this wrenched my heart. Not much of a poet but I can feel the power of emotions.

It's a joy reading your poetry Spennie.

Bless you
Mia