Saturday, December 3, 2005

Response To Phillip's Inquiry

Phillip

I appreciate you reading me in that ...that is the reason I post my poems so others can share in them and hopefully enjoy the creation. All of the writes unless noted are written by me. If the write was inspired by something someone else wrote I give the name of the write and the author of it at the bottom of the post as I did in this one. Sometimes I post collaboritive writes which creation was shared by me and another. In those cases I make note at the title level that this write is a collab and at the bottom I always add that person's name to make sure the readers know who shared in the creation.

I have written poems from the time I was a very young boy and have established a creative ability to write almost instantly in response to reading something, feeling a thought arise, an experience, a feeling, a passion or any of a myriad of inspirations.

You seem to be concerned about to whom I am addressing and what part you play in it. This write was strictly a direct response to the poem "Dream Giver" written by the writer who uses the ID  Dreams With Wolves. She prefers not to use her name on line. In her poem it spoke of all sorts of passionate feelings about a love with whom she shared but in the write she decided it was just a fantasy in her mind. That the loved one did not actually exist. That poem immediately inspired me to write somewhat of an answer to her poem.

As far as what part you play. You, as the reader, should allow yourself to wallow in the write, hopefully to grasp enjoyment and potentially see images which are familiar to you or just some wishful thinking. I have a most creative mind and most times a reader has no idea if I am writing to them directly or not but I normally design the layout in a way which would cause each individual to identify with the write. To me it seems more personal and more intimate that way. It allows all who read the write an opportunity to put themselves within the words and thus be a closer part of the creation.

Surely I write directly to some one at times but that person knows it is to or for them. On any write I may have a specific person in mind with whom I am speaking or directing the write to. Then at other times I am simply being creative. I can love, be passionate, yearn for, crave and use all of the human emotions to help portray a specific image. To touch people. To reach their passions. To make them think about a similar circumstance. Those type writes are my favorites in that
I am not only attempting to touch others but my own inner self as well. My writes are my attempts to spread joy, love, concern, passion, smiles, sensualility, to give an uplift to the reader as a relief from the rigors of daily life. I read other's writes be it prose or poetry and pull pleasures from them adnd hope mine does the same.

My wish is that you and others can use my poetry as an escape into another stage away from the normal often hum drum daily life. I am normally a loving, happy caring person who uses his art to touch people in a pleasant way. Then my goal has been reached.

Phillip, it is not necessary to know if a poem is directed to someone special. In that case consider yourself special if this write or any of mine has touched you in a pleasant way. Then I am happy. If you wish explainations on any write feel free to ask. I'll be most happy to fill in the background for its creation.

Do be blessed and keep reading.

Spencer

Note: Phillip was referring to the poem  Keeping the Dream Below.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting!

Anonymous said...

Wow Spence...as I've said before...thank you for the treat of your talent and the silent teachings as I follow your journal. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of things here I identify with, but primarily, I want everyone who reads my stuff to find something very personal with which they can identify.
http:acrazyquiltlife.blogspot.com