Monday, January 24, 2005

Forbidden

Hold up now. From where I sit
there's nowhere to go from here
nothing but lying and cheating
hiding from the world in fear.
 

From where you've been
not a soul has ever lifted you.
Wallowing in the pits searching
is all you've been able to do.
 

You grabbed onto me tightly
latched as if I were new skin.
Accepting my friendly offerings
have put us at the verge of sin.
 

I simply offered you a hand
saw the potential of a new day.
I can't give what you want
just too high a price to pay.
 

Your sudden visions stretch
too far past a helping hand.
Knowing myself to be true
an honest and humble man.
 

How can you honestly believe
your body is worth the shame
Sex is just not love, dear lady
its no where near the same.
 

Now, go to your new job
start to build a life of grace.
You owe me nothing at all
except smiles on your face.
 

Let this remain an experience
we both can treasure as one
and as you rebuild your life
I'll fade off like the setting sun.
 

 Del Cano 2005 January                 
 

No comments: