Sunday, February 13, 2005

We Chat At Midnight

We chat at midnight
bout nothin much
yet her presence
is a golden touch.

words not said
speak a loud roar
as if I can see her
slipping in my door

Talking bout the world
such a wonderful tease
just enough to let us know
the chats are a please

We shared cooking
a lesson was just right
made it much easier
to make it thru the night

two lonely souls
chattin for a while
sharing soft words
as well as a smile

So love the touches
she brings to my mind
like a hot cup of tea
sweet and sublime .

She offers comfort
in an off handed way
I give her the same
be it an easier day.

Chattin at midnight
bout nothing much
holding out hopes of joy
with its tender touch.

Del Cano 2005

 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chattin' at midnight
and bringin' a smile
knowing you're out there
is satisfaction all the while

soft words said
and spoken in a rush
is like a whispered and
slow deliberate touch

so fine and sweet
it touches me so
the chats we engage in
give such a glow

personal contents
of yours and mine
remind me that you're the best
of a friend...and divine.

Hugs,
Chris