Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Serenity Of Spring

Oh, blossoms of sweet scented thought;
As I stand amidst this brilliance
Of Spring, you burst from the hide
A tempting foray of luscious hues.
The blue jay tweeting its’ song
While the robin pulls on the worm
And more life rises from the garden
Anew, with a touch from the creator.

I stand in awe focused on the rose,
The violets, tulips, pansies and lilies
All massaging the soul to a crescendo.
Its’ orchestrations, the “epitome of serenity”,
Sing a peaceful fulfillment of passion’s desire.
And as I stand here leaning on my rake;
debris from winter’s nap surrounds and helps
me welcome the Serenity of Spring!

2004 Del Cano 2004
   

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you give such a glow to one at the thought of Spring touching us all.....beautiful, dear Spencer!  

Hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Lovely. Simply loved it. I should do the same more often. Be among the serene life outside in the garden and feel alive and peaceful.
Smile to my face dear man, as always
Love you
Mia

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!  I could see it all in my head!  :)  I love spring, and all the beauty that comes with it, and you did such a great job of capturing it....
:) Dawn