Wednesday, February 2, 2005

On My Way


On My Way
[In Response to Dawn's "Where Are You My Love"]
 
O, love
you ask where I am. 
 
I have been sailing the seas
of love
thru cravings
for your touch
for your breath  on my face,
for the spark you light
when your lips invade the yearnings
of my soul.
 
I have been watching  for
the imaginary
light house window
just to catch a glimps
to see if you are waiting for me.
 
From that watch tower of dreams
I see your image boldly
yet wonder if you are needing me
 
needing me to touch your ache.
 
I yearn so much
.....to wear the scent of your hair
.....to tingle from your fingertips
.....to shudder in the whisper of your breath
.....to erupt in the explosion of our lust
.....to ride the tides of love you launch
 
abiding in the warmth of your heart.
 
O love, light my way to you.
I dream you are peeping from the cold
glass of the watch tower window
begging me home.
 
Wishing me home to you.
 
Where are you my love?
Are you waiting for me?
Are you yearning for my return?
 
Will you be the answers
to the dream I have fostered
for so long?
Will you cloak me in your love
and satiate the fibers of all of me.
Will you massage the pinings
which drive me towards you.
 
Where are you my love?
 
Hold steady in my dreams
and meet my soul at the
window of my mind and 
I shall be home to you.
 
Del Cano 2005 January 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This poem speaks to someone who wishes a guy would be thinking of me like this....I want a love like this