Thursday, February 10, 2005

Beyond The Limits

reach for all there is to get
then stretch for that last drop
they keep telling me of the limits
my illusion is beyond the stop

whatever I do I do with vigor
refuse to treat it like a test
why waste any of the effort
if you're not giving your best

the very thought of leaving
any part of joy on the table
reeks of mediocrity or worse
to imply that I am not able

don't ask me how I can love
and keep passion fires high
if you don't give your all
you already know the why

the same goes for pleasing
that special one of mine
always make a yeoman effort
being the best time after time

take not a thing forgranted
if feelings start falling to a rut
renew, redo what ever it takes
to revive the love in the hut

sharing is one of the greatest
excercises you can do
to keep a loved one close
have that love return to you

stretch, reach, be proactive
don't sit and wallow in pity
they could have chosen another
someone else for them in the city

I'm so proud she chose me
to be the one to love and cherish
and I will go beyond the limits
making sure love won't perish  

Del Cano 2005 February
  
 
  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, your words remind me of what it required to keep your love, everlasting.  It is not enough to simply possess love; love must be fed, nourished, cared for...like a child, it must never know for want.  

Siren

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/sirenspeaks/PoetryinMotion

Siren

Anonymous said...

Really good poem...thanks for stopping by mine and leaving the kind comments..Sandi

Anonymous said...

I found your journal through a comment in another journal.  I like your poetry, and I'll be back.  I include some of my poetry in my journal as well (though it's all in older entries by now).
http://journals.aol.com/sistercdr/Sortingthepieces

Anonymous said...

To stretch out beyond
most people would find
you can open those doors
that close the mind

To seek new worlds
of a loving sweet heart
and never giving up
that most passionate part

For your efforts are not wasted
nor ever dismissed
your attributes are many
too many here to list

So give it your all
and never fear the cost
your determination is admired
your loving heart is not lost.....

Hugs,
Chris