Thursday, February 3, 2005

Oh Death, Rock Me To Sleep

Oh death, rock me to sleep.
Slip in and take me away.
While I rest in slumber's cloak
let me go in the night of day.

I have lived thru the rumble
much of life's turmoil and strife.
The edge of this human yolk
I find cuts sharp as a knife.

Oh death, I need no banner
to state my departure's near.
I danced and yelled my way
thru life's fray found right here.

Oh death, rock me to sleep
massage my memory's quest.
When its time for your visit
no announcement by request.

Perhaps you might show
as I sit on the porch in nap
round midnight in moon glow
or having a late night cap.

Please don't catch me
while daylight shones its glow.
I wish my enemies to recieve
their final glancing blow.

Oh death, rock me to sleep.
Do slip in and take me away.
While resting in slumber's cloak
make sure its the night of the day.

Del Cano 2005 February
 
 

No comments: