Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Renewed

Damn, I feel renewed
as if touched by a light.
Your words radiated
like the sun at midnight.
 
Like maybe a sip
of chilled champaign
or easing into the sauna
to soak the body's pain.

I feel such elation
you were just so kind.
Wouldn't it be great
if life had a rewind.

We could revisit
play it over and over.
Drive the senses
thru fields of clover.

So glad to know
I'm still in your heart
and remain special
which is the best part.

Feel much better now
not as bad as it seemed
and treasure the thought
we'll revisit in a dream.

Damn, I feel renewed
as if touched by a light
am smiling radiantly
you made it alright.

Del Cano 2005 February


 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spencer,

Nice one. it is always good to be forgiven.. loved the poem and the picture made me smile..

Hugs!

Silvia