Tuesday, July 6, 2004

Watched You Watching Me

As I dabbled round the edge
of the lake toying with fish
saw you again, a lovely dish
you know I vowed a pledge.

You seemed to be in a laugh
peeping at me, having fun
a lot like love on the run
cutting my spirits in half.

I watched you watching me
peeping at each other's eyes
knowing we both had to realize
sizing up each other to a tee.

Watching me watch you
surely a bit of a tease
in a brief moment at ease
what else might we do.

Knowing who moved first
would certainly lose the game
think we both knew it the same
so we briefly stood in a lurch.

My smile and forward move
must have given me away
you dashed before I could say
you put me in a groove.

Oh well, maybe another time
I shall try my luck once more
as I recall what I view as your
special movements in rhyme.

This does not make me fret
adds much more to my wish
you, an amazing Blue Catfish
perhaps next time I shall get.

Del Cano 2004, June
 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah....that elusive catch...  ;D  Keep on trying!

Hugs!
Chris

Anonymous said...

I somehow feel as if maybe your line must be all tangled up or something.