Tuesday, July 6, 2004

Passion's Desire

It’s hard to speak of this affair
which has been going on for so long
though our “meet” was brief 
Your memory lingers on.

T’was a bright summer morn
The first time that we met
Though our visit was cut short
I’m not able to forget.

“Your loveliness was plain to see”
A species far above the rest
“All of you, I craved,”
And knew you were the best. 

 Saying almost nothing 
briefly startled by your sight
Adjusting to your presence
To make our meeting feel just right.

You came and went so suddenly
on that bright and summer morn
I hope that you, I did not scare  
if I were a frightful thorn

Though the meeting was our first”
I knew I’d see you again
I longed for your return
Whether it be in sunshine or rain

Oh, I must admit
There’s been others just like you 
But none has met your stature 
That really is so true.

All summer long I watched  for you
I had to wait and see
If our first “meet” would be the last 
I trust you will come back to me.

You appear aloof 
and seem to slither away
Yet reappear, again
When “I give up”, I say.

Yet from time to time
you linger for a bit
with a teasing smile for me
Just for the heck of it.

But I’m sure that we both know
Yes, one day you surely will be mine
As you lounge just feet from me 
and sleekly slither out, in the knick of time

I  wondered when I traveled
If you tagged along, too
Or was that another special one
Just pretending to be you . 

I know from experience
You’re a luscious creature
Your sleek body, I just love,
and your every other feature.

Though I have had
Others from your school
None compares to you
The best in the pool.

I never tire from seeking you
Want the world knowing this
You are amongst the largest in the river
A big forty pound blue “ Cat Fish”.

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent accompaniment (picture) yet one question remains...you threw it back, didn't you?

Hugs!
Chris

Anonymous said...

Your fish is on the line
just waiting to be reeled in
hoping that through all of life
it will never have to go through this again!