Saturday, June 2, 2007

Let Me Hear That Song/Play that Symphony

 
I want to hear a song
never sung before
one that has not
ever seen a score.
 
Play me a melody, as my heart forms each word
sung for you tenderly, from a soul deeply stirred.
 
Let me hear the words
to the tune of leaves
drifting on the breath
of a soft summer breeze.
 
As nightingale calls, then so shall you hear
murmurs of tenderness, assuaging all fear.
 
The hum of water trickling
down a hillside in the park.
I want to hear a song twinkle
like stars in the dark.
 
A smatter of sparkle, like glints off of dew
the glad cry of mourning dove as dawn paints anew.
 
Let me hear the birds
on their symphony's scale
and a dogwood's bloom
take off and sail.
 
Soaring great heights, like Calliope's strains
prompt verses abundant 'cross hill, sea and plain.
 
The soft chatter of grass
changing with the wind
and an earthworm heading
back in the dirt again.
 
What does he seek, this one buried so deep,
who listens to grass; for dreams, hastens to sleep?
 
The squirrel sings a song
when cracking its nut
while ducks on the lake
leave a wavy rut.
 
Clouds soar o'erhead, their meandering trails
beckoning the restless: set your nomadic sails!
 
The sounds of her breath
when deep in a sleep
drawing me to occassionally
take a loving peek.
 
Slumbering still, do I sense he's nearby?
Is it mere wishful thinking, dare I hope for reply?
 
Oh, let me hear that song
never ever sung before
the one God wrote
and put on a score.
 
Lofty the echo, I am e're more falling
saved by the sound of my love's distant calling.
 
 
 
Del Cano 2007 April
Naia, May 2007
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


A pleasure to read. Somply lovely.

                                                   Myke

Anonymous said...

I loved this.  Great Work.  I always liked your writing.

Sorry I haven't been around much.  


Hugs to ya,
Rhonda