Sunday, June 10, 2007

She's Gone-A Short Story

 
She's Gone
As we stepped off the porch to the lawn chairs seems a magnet drew our bodies to touch. Her hips always ignite a sensation when they brush against me. There's a sensual gripping when I am close to her while her scent stirs all my sensory receptors to attention. We sat in the lawn chairs chatting the day's plans sipping coffee in the crisp spring morning breeze just as dawn welcomed in the day. She leaned to kiss the moisture from the corner of my lips as I fingered the fine gray hairs around her ear. Her hand still magnetic to my thigh rest in its fixed sitting position. Her profile, an artistic rendition of my dreams, still strikes a calmness deep within reminding me of the satisfaction she brings to my life. The glow of first light across her face presents a portrait of breathless pleasure sparkling in the diffused rising sunbeam thru the hovering evergreen bush. As I sipped from my favorite mug she spoke in her hypothyroid treated voice, " I am blessed to love and be loved by you."
 
My emotions are regularly over run with pleasures flooded by her nearness. At times I'm not sure if my feet actually touch the ground when walking with her while the aura radiating around her keeps my senses awakened to ever growing sensitivites. The intimacy of just being near her forever feels like a cloak of blessings spread over me and I never forget to remind her how much I appreciate her presence. Sitting there in the yard surrounded by the loveliness of now large evergreen bushes, trumpeting tiger lillies and over grown roses striking a sensual bell only we can hear.  I am in heaven's lounging room.
 
I drapped one of my sweat shirt jackets on her shoulders as she indicated the crisp air was still chilly. Her eyes twinkling their appreciation seemed to direct her lips to kiss my cheek bringing on a warmth to my body as if I had sipped on mysecond glass of wine. The peacefulness was enhanced by the nowsinging birds in the bushes the squirrels racing round the yard. She, alternating sips from our favorite flavored water beverage, interrupted my poetic senses with a request for a refill of our favorite brew. 
 
When I stepped down from the porch with mugs in hand the emptiness of her chair exploded in my line of vision and I felt an immediate eeriness settling over me. Eyes racing around the yard to every corner, every bush, every fence post, the gates, the parking pad... yet produced nothing but emptiness. I ran thru the front gate looking both ways for any sign of her and looked down the side street as well. My repeated search of the area came up empty while my senses seemed in a clamping vice. A storm of questions swirled around me spiriling like a tornado driving my heart to a pounding feeling as if it would burst. My chest was heaving though I was panting to take in enough air to breathe. Where is she? How could she disappear in a matter of moments? No indication of a struggle, no distress signs, no noise, no moans, no yells. Only the haunting lingering scent of her dangling round the chair.
 
The flavored water bottle sitting by the chair stands like a sentry holding secrets held in its moisture.
 
She's gone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would enjoy comments from you as to how this story went over for you. I am attempting to write more storys again. Appreciate any comments.
Thank you.

Spencer

Anonymous said...

hey bro, is this fiction? thought it was true...

Anonymous said...

This is all a true nightmare I am living. As it unfolds I will update.
Spencer

Anonymous said...

your words are beautiful. i'm sad to hear you went through such a nightmare, though.