Tuesday, June 12, 2007

This Frame of Time

Like I'm straining to step
to pass thru this frame of time
To get it all over with
the other side will be fine.

Moments carry with them
truths as well passionate lies.
Faking sanity for others
awash in tear flooded eyes.

From one moment to the other
I'm a chameleon at best.
Changing personalities
forcing emotions to rest.

So much of the day
a fading blank cloud.
Not sure who said what
their help makes me proud.

People have been so good
treating us like we're royal.
Food shows up at the door
from those who're loyal.

A lady came to tell me
I made her faith renewed.
The sort of love they spoke of
lasting, never comes unglued.

She came to pray with me
to wave her spiritual flag
and begging others to come
to pull other tricks out the bag. 

Ate a salad and fell asleep
awaken by the phone.
A sighting out west
made me chilled to the bone.

I know this can't last
got to get over to the other side.
This frame of time hesitates
keeping me on this horrible ride.

Del Cano 2007 June


 

No comments: