Tuesday, June 12, 2007

No News Aint Good News

When the phone rings I jump
knowing my nerves are on edge.
Everything so stiff and tight
like hanging out on a ledge.

Hoping for word of her
praying the next ring is it.
Pacing the floor nervously
I walk in circles, can't quit.

I feel like crap warmed over
lower than a hole in the dirt.
I eat but it comes back up
can only feel pain and hurt.

Judy is a mess as well
trying to get her settled down.
Together we're like a circus
tears flowing like sad clowns.

No news aint good news
I only hope she's safe.
Begging the heavens they
don't treat her as a waif.

Let her come back home
missing her more than I knew.
Had no idea the total drain
she's like an entire love crew.

I hate and love the phone to ring
nerves shot, body on edge
I'll just keep trying to find her
this is my heart felt pledge.

Del Cano 2007 June


 

No comments: