Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Let Me Hear That Song

I want to hear a song
never sung before.
One that has not
ever seen a score.

Let me hear the words
to the tune of leaves
drifting on the breath
of a soft summer breeze.

The hum of water trickling
down a hillside in the park.
I want to hear a song twinkle
like stars in the dark.

Let me hear the birds
on their symphony's scale
and a dogwood's bloom
take off and sail.

The soft chatter of grass
changing with the wind
and an earthworm heading
back in the dirt again.

The squirrel sings a song
when cracking its nut
while ducks on the lake
leave a wavy rut.

The sounds of her breath
when deep in a sleep
drawing me to occassionally
take a loving peek.

Oh, let me hear that song
never ever sung before
The one thats heaven writ
and placed on a score.

Del Cano 2007 April


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Spencer,

I so love this poem it is so beautifully written. I printed out this poem and I will place it into the pages of my handwritten diary / journal so I can enjoy it at my leisure. I had to come and tell you that I enjoyed this poem and it is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing this. Do take care.