Saturday, April 21, 2007

Forgiveness Is In the Works

I needed to see you
to know if it was still alive
That overwhelming desire
to find out if it survived.

Had already decided
if it had been killed
the relationship was over
from the pain you'd spilled.

Forgiveness is in the works
you continue to claim my need.
Tho I had been disappointed
you've still got that planted seed.

Did I tell you I love you
as much as I always did
Trying hard to rid these tears
keep those stains nicely hid.

Can't help the sudden burst
of tears from running down.
They are in the process
of becoming a quieter sound.

It'll take a bit of time
to empty that painful jar
and a little work to finally
get over the remaining scar.

So glad I now know
the damage was not so bad.
That it wiped out all of the need
you know I always had.

I needed to see you
to know that all is good
that love still stands tall
in our private neighborhood.

Del Cano 2007 April

No comments: