Thursday, March 29, 2007

Tickling Thoughts

Thoughts of you clutter my mind
like a desk full of last year's mail.
Those ramblings you left in my head
like a long lost ship at sail.
 
Remembrances, good and sad
keep a stir within my head.
Smiles and tears might pop up
from so many things you said.
 
Like a long video playing
I see so many visions there.
Watching you put on lipstick
or even fiddling with your hair.
 
I see so clearly your waves
how your face would get so bright
when we'd chatter about tomorrows
how we'd enjoy those private nights.
 
Promises we knew would not be
no way to make them come alive.
Two lonely souls sharing space
in knowing our hearts still thrived.
 
Though memories do haunt me
often in times like this.
I'll always cherish that moment
we shared that magic kiss.
 
Explosive passions ignited
like a forest fire raging its start.
Thru all the sensual clutter
you made it right into my heart.
 
I smile at what might have been
had we actually got past a thought
but I so relish the tickle in my soul
from all that joy you brought.
 
Del Cano 2007 March

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Await Your Beckoning Call

And if ever you should want
a memory’s jarring blow,
just look to me with knowing eyes
and I will go down ever so low.

For you are and shall remain
the one and only love I desire.
I’d rather remain alone each night,
than to wake up to anyone I don’t admire.

I admit to being in full knowledge
to love me is never to be an easy task,
but to choose to give of yourself freely
opens doors that begging could never ask.

Never has it been a desire of mine
to own or in any way dominate,
but if you should ever find the need,
I’ll fulfill in any way I can give or take.

To fully satisfy my every whim
means no more than to make me feel as if I matter.
I know that I may often ramble on and on,
but I beg of you to listen to silence between the chatter.

If ever you decide to accept what it is I have to offer,
disappointment will never be a card within the deck.
I may not be a beauty beyond any compare,
but I do love you and am at your call and beck.

Ryman  April, 2007

P.S.  I thank you for the help you have given in seeing me well ; )

Anonymous said...


Spencer, these words form such wonderful images.  I read it with a smile.
I'll always cherish that moment
we shared that magic kiss.
Thru all the sensual clutter
you made it right into my heart.    I think I have felt like this one time or another.

This beautiful poetry brings old memories to mind.        Myke