Sunday, April 29, 2007

Do It With Passion

They asked about passion
that drive I live with in my life.
All the spill over of desires
inspite of the stress and strife.

When I love I love completely.
When I fish I fish with zeal.
If I take a project to get done
from day one I make it real.

Passion, baby, is the way
pour your soul into the frey.
To hell with the naysayers
they just gawk on everyday.

My mama raised seven of us
dad worked day in and day out.
Neighbors watched us like a hawk
waiting for a spiritual shout.

Passionate about gardening
home work a daily task.
Chores round the house a norm
lessons, even now which last.

They ask about my passions
I smile thinking 'bout grandad.
He walked 7 miles to try to vote
think about the passion he had.

My love and passions run deep
family stays at the very core.
My kids soaked in all I had
yet, now they crave for more.

If you gonna do it, do it good
pour your very soul in the act.
Whatever there is your name is on it
and you can't take an error back.

Reach out and take a firm grip
give it all your soul will allow.
Smother life with your essence
allowing you to earn that bow.

Listen to but don't just heed
all the ones who say you can't.
While you march on to a better day
they are left dangling with a rant.

While onlookers along the road
hang out with no future grind.
Wave at them as you strive on
keeping goals fixed in mind.

Passionate desires for everything
nothing less will get you thru.
A tepid attempt into life's foray
is nothing but failure for you.

Dive in as deep as you can
make waves splash high in the air. .
Before long with your efforts
you'll realize you've made it there.

Take noteas you go
attack life in your own fashion.
Nothing comes easy along the way
just do it with lots of passion.

Del Cano 2007 April

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this one too Spencer - very good advice.

 Marlene - A Poet's Point of View