Saturday, April 21, 2007

Morning Sun

Morning light is creeping in
dawn at the edge being sprung
Birds on the high wires tunning up
to sing in the rising sun.
 
Squirrels scurrying back and forth
I see a rabbit near the gate.
Moon's fading with the coming light
oh, how this all just satiates.
 
A deep breath to take it in
a sighing smile to greet the day.
Fishing gear packed and ready to go
just about time to get on my way.
 
Nature summons me to join her
the river calls me to come sit
and cast a pole in its midst
converse freely with the best of it.
 
Morning light is creeping in
I'm prepared to join in the fun.
Got to meet with Ole Man River
so we can share the morning sun.
 
Del Cano 2007 April
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my dear friend,

I have to say that I really enjoyed this poem. This poem reminded me of the wonderful day and weather I enjoyed in my neck of the woods. I will be sticking this poem in my handwritten diary so I can read it at my leisure. Thank you for sharing this. I think this is another one of my favorites of yours. I shall return for another read later. Do take care.

Anonymous said...


Such a poem that makes me want to grab my pole and go sit on the bank and maybe catch a white catfish or a bullhead as I chew on my pig ears.

                                                                                         Myke