Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Uncontrolled Addiction

How long do I hold on
before I should say goodbye.
Keeping the faith in you
with these tear stained eyes.

How long should I continue
to try to keep hope alive.
When the evidence is yelling
this relationship can't survive.

Holding tight to threads
not wanting to let go.
Tho your silence is deafening
I'm leaving room for the flow.

Have allowed every excuse
anyone could dream or make.
Refusing to face facts before me
that your love was only fake.

Sure, a lot of it was there
I knowingly shoved it aside.
Soaked as much of you in
while you took me for a ride.

Please, don't you feel guilty
tho I am sure you will not.
I was the one blindly following
lapping all of what you've got.

I let it all hang out
my voracious cravings
allowed the blindness for you
with all your misbehavings.

Didn't give a damn at the time
that uncontrolled affliction.
Every moment with you
fed my massive addiction.

You, a drug more powerful
than any I could possibly use.
Allowed me to bow to your whims
being mistreated and abused.

This cold turkey cleansing
makes me yearn even more.
Just let me love you again
till my body is worn and sore.

Come, with your lucious lips
bring on that power you sling.
Let me slurp that flow again
hearing your passions ring.

To hell with the world
and what they might even say.
Need another fix for my addiction
you don't even have to stay.

How long, they ask, will I be
hanging round in this state.
My answer remains the same
"forever", with how you satiate.

Del Cano 2007 January


 

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!
all your poems are great, this is one of those many things you wrote that just leaves me speechless.
if this is true..how could you stay?
Gem~

Anonymous said...

Spencer,
Another amazing peice. I can feel the desire you pour into your writing. Very powerful.

Anonymous said...


I don't like the "you being mistreated and abused".  If this is true then why would you let that happen?  
                                                                 Myke