Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Fever On the Rise

That fever is on the rise
Bass Pro is running spring sales.
The damn ice hasn't melted as yet
this time of year it never fails.

Spring fever sets in on me
that urge to get to the water.
Cast my lines out in the deep
like every fisherman oughta.

Winter came in with a storm
ice and snow buried us deep.
At this point I am for two seasons
Spring and Autumn for keeps.

Just so I can walk the streams
listen to the rivers meandering flow.
Can feel it rising in my bones
even tho there's still plenty of snow.

Oh, give me a warmer day
so I can cast out as if at sea.
Want to rush winter on by
this fever is taking over me.

Del Cano 2007 January

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeppppp...time to go FISHINNNNNN. Bam

Anonymous said...

Dear Spencer
thank you! What an enticing poem! great for dreaming!
nat

Anonymous said...

Hello Spencer,

I have to say a few words.....I LOVE this poem its my favorite. I think this is b-e-a-u-tiful piece of writing. I too am Winter tired. I am feeling as if Spring fever is setting upon me too. I am wanting to get to the water as well with you and cast my lines out in the deep with you. I will have to stick this poem in my hand-written journal so I can read it again tomorrow and again until Spring comes. I will definitely keep this poem handy. Thanks for sharing this poem with us it is greatly appreciated by me. Thanks again. Take care my dear friend.

Anonymous said...


I am so tired of Winter.  Your poem gives me hope.  I shall read it every day.
Spring fever sets in on me too
that urge to get in the saddle
Or grab my fishin gear
Get in my boat and paddle.
Out to where the fish are jumping
Silver bodies flashing everywhere
Me an my worms and fishin pole
wont have any worries or cares.   LOL at my attempt at poetry
                                                                                         Myke


Anonymous said...

Hi Spencer,
I know it has been a while.
I forgot my pass code.  Oooops.  Well now Im back.

I liked this poem.  Very sweet.

~Rhonda~