Thursday, January 18, 2007

Suppose

Suppose all I did was love you
narry a touch to your flesh
No way to prove the fantasy
you are the very best.

Keeping you in the upper room
like a trophy held in trust
Nearer than a brushed kiss
creating the best of us.

Suppose I never held you
yet know the favored thought
Each tremor from my soul's mind
establishing dreams we wrought.

Can fantasies come alive
as do dreams awaken the soul.
Might this be a poetic blurr
from artistries of old.

Suppose all I did was wonder
what could a touch actually be
To love you unending
with you also loving me.

Del Cano 2007 January

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely Spencer! Warm!
natalie

Anonymous said...

Dang, wish somebody would write something like that about me. ROMANTIC!! Bam

Anonymous said...

Oh you've gone and done it now, deep, deep emotions exposed upon a page, to love without touching where lust does not rage, a longing to know you past anything real, to feel without feeling how it is to feel.   Okay, I'll stop now, but this is where this one took me.  Unconditional Love.

Marlene - A Poet's Point Of View
http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/PurelyPoetry
http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/SweetNSimple

Anonymous said...


Fantasies can come alive Spencer.  I have a whimsical notion of being in your upper room. This is a lovely poem.              
                                                         Myke