Friday, January 5, 2007

Tomorrow Is A Mountain

Steps lumber from the weight
a walk like if on death row.
That cloud before me engulfs
matters not where I go.

Tomorrow is a mountain
today, blindly following the trail.
Seems more like yesterday
a haunting lied to tale.

My feet sink in the mire
pressures squeezing tight.
The effort to keep them moving
a nightmare in daytime light.

My body feels drained
strength sapped to the edge.
Nothing gets any clearer
than promises I pledged.

No time for thinking
emotions on automatic pilot.
Love threads thru the fibers
like a huge needle eyelet.

Never felt the degredation
the trauma to keep all going.
After all these years of loving
tide wash away the knowing.

There's but one thing
soothing this yeoman ache.
Knowing love remains firm
bursting like an earth quake.

Finding the power to step on
and not langer in the filth.
Proudly, head above the clouds
can't give up nor wilt.
 
Del Cano 2007 January
 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this one Spence! Tomorrow always seems like a mountain to me as well ... in many different ways. You and me are fighters ... we'll move those mountains!
Happy 2007 to you and your loved ones.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

beautiful Spencer!
Loads of character, getting rid of negatives,
working on poasitives,
"going up the mountina" like Earth Wind and Fire!
hugs Amigo
natalie
ps you have done yourself proud Spencer!:)

Anonymous said...

Spencer...BRAVO! Bam