Sunday, January 14, 2007

Yesterday's Echo

My yesterdays seem to echo
thru each of these now days.
A distant video of life's history
which changed in many ways.

So much joy under the bridge
your glorious smiles lighting my face.
Glowing sunshine thru out the night
radiating your pristine grace.

Too much love slipping away
can there be a bit more time.
Trying hard not to give in to it
this drowning pain of mine.

The you I knew for so long
sustained me thru the years.
Watching you wasting away
brings on those horrible fears.

We paid our dues to the fullest
beyond all the naysayers thought
yet, those struggles we shared
bubbled with the love we wrought.

Damn, this is a lonely road
that distant country lane.
My dreams ride a wheel chair
from once a helpful cane.

What used to be, but a memory
where did all that time go.
Today, precious still, yet hollow
as my yesterdays seem to echo.

Del Cano 2007 January

 


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

as always..nice poem.
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

Dear Spencer,
What a noble poem!
Indeed Spencer!
great job!
I hope youare well!
Happy Martin Luther King Birthday too!
Yours Truly, natalie

Anonymous said...

Hi Spencer,
What a sad entry. Judy and the changes in your life. I think we are all wistful at times of the way life changes. The yesterdays, and how little we thought about those times as they were happening. Why is it that we only seem to think on these things as we get older? Bam