Thursday, September 7, 2006

You Might Not Conceive

You have no idea the flavor
I see and taste from you.
When I let my mind wander
you are there thru and thru.

You might not conceive
how the want of you can last.
Like a chocolate eclair
or wine in a crystal glass.

You have no idea the limits
you take my mind's array
or how much we share within
thru the hours of the day.

I wear you like a crown
my sweet and sultry Queen
for all the passions visited
the most I've ever seen.

You strike chords galore
and smile me a bright day.
While forever drifts on along
I hold you special in my way.

Often you are but a sigh
a delicious dream come true.
While my life meanders on
it always includes you.

Del Cano 2006 August


 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Spencer......

This poem is quite beautiful and romantic and yes I like it. I like when you wrote "You strike chords galore and smile me a bright day" that is really nice. I also like the part "Often you are but a sigh a delicious dream come true.

This is something like a little love letter.....This is a really amazing poem. I would like to read this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Perhaps you could send this to me in an e-mail so I could stick it in my hand written journal. Thanks so much for sharing this. Have a good night Spencer and thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Flavors......I never thought of love that way.  Mmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Missed reading you.  Your poetry is like a glass of full bodied wine it only gets better as you keep reading it.....Sandi

Anonymous said...

The flavor I see and taste from you  I wear you like a crown. A delicious dream come true.   Ahhhh such wonderful endearing words.  I keep reading this and wonder how such magic comes from your lips.  love it           Myke

Anonymous said...

Words, Dear Spencer
to make one swoon.
spoken of raw desire
served up in finery
in all its intoxication.

Bravo and so glad you share this,,,,,, your words are the key unlocking my passion.