Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Roses and Drought

My garden suffered from drought
too much sun for their luscious bloom.
So sad to walk thru the roses
just too much sadness and gloom.

So I went to the florist
bought her a long stem red rose.
included a note from me
"I love you, don't you suppose."

She smiled that lighted ray
thanked me sweetly and grinned.
Kissed me and whispered
think you will do it again?

Last week I sent her 3 roses
one of each of color she adores.
They made her cheery and thankful
like lounging on island shores.

Today I sent a dozen mixed roses
all in a crystal glass vase.
A jester telling her I still care
love the beam it brings to her face.

Too much going on to tend
to the flowers, especially the roses.
But a bloom now and again
tickles the senses thru the noses.

They are so special to her
inspires me to write and act.
Now I look forward to next year
unless the drought is coming back.

Del Cano 2006 August

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a romantic Spencer!  Lots of men could learn a thing or two from you.  ;)

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful sentiment! and I loved th imagery of her"lounging on the shore".. it tickled the senses to have the colros and the amount of ross alternate!
well done Spencer!
natalie

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem. I can see her smile as you handed her the rose.  You are so romantic.
                                                   MoodyMyke

Anonymous said...

Don't bore me with a large bouquet
That will not tickle my toes
Everything you have to say
Can be done with a single rose

And when the waters are running dry
Or thickened solid and froze
You'll melt the iciness from my eye
With simply a single red rose.

Beautiful poem Spencer - my favorite!

Dianna

Anonymous said...

Your disappointment cannot subdue your love, Dear Poet.
seems YOU get as much delight as she when you give your
fragrant colourful gift.
I venture to say YOU are a gift, Dear Man
May your love always flow, and may you always know love in return.