Monday, September 11, 2006

Fishing and Communing

One catfish came home with me
the others wait for another day
but I so appreciate its presence
when things work out this way.

Alone it makes a good meal
but it needs to be shared
Frozen in the freezer till another
from the lake can be spared.

It is part of my rejuvenation
the nature show never grows old.
Like reaching out to you
it jump starts my very soul.

So serene the water lies
a cool breeze blew in on me.
Fish, geese, furry mammals
roamed about quite cheerfully.

I cast a lure in the placidness
watched ripples fade away.
I'm sure I missed a few bites
but I had such a pleasant day.

Even the knowledge
you were just off beyond
felt magical to my emotions
as if you waved a magic wand.

Went fishing and communing today
rebuilt my soul engine's delight
Can rest in peace and quiet refrain
and sleep thru out the night.

Del Cano 2006 August

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh.....communing with nature......and yourself.   A wonderful thought for today.  Thank you.

Anonymous said...

wonderful! thanks for sharing ! nat

Anonymous said...

You took me with you.  THIS reminds me why I take my long respits in the woods by the water.  I appreciate the elusive flirtation of your future catch