Monday, October 31, 2005

Renaissance

When I see you in my mind's eye
I see words peeling back the yin.
Scaling off the crusts from scabs
of lovers who once have been.

I see a soothing and an ease
a tenderness beyond my knowing.
A touch so deep with it
I'm left sighing and blowing.

I get from you all the missing
totally absent yearned for craves.
My mind submits to you for its need
cause you rescue and saves.

Without even being aware
I allowed your  touch its due.
What you see and call simplicity
I call the sanctuary of you.

You peeled back the layers
protection from hidden spears.
Caressed my soul with you
and washed away my fears.

Just by being who you are
you posted a blockade.
Protection from my ignorance
that personal prison I'd made.

Unassuming and forthright
bubbly and demanding a response.
Reacting to you has made a new world
sort of a modern day renaissance.

I breathe with more ease
exhale the poisoned air.
So enlightened by it all
life seems a bit more fair.

I dance in my mind
skip a bit when I walk.
Raise more than shallow issues
when I speak aloud a talk.

Oh, you special soul to me
I don't know how to offer an award.
I'm just in such a mental joy
my faith, within me, you restored.

DelCano 2005 Oct
 
 


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is your best ever...I was going to email you today; but I had to leave. I saw your poem over at the poets dream and I had not seen it here...I do not know if you have not been writing or if I am not getting my alerts. You are such an accomplised poet Spencer. I have loved many but I really feel your soul in this one and it made my heart sing! A miracle happened the other day, completely restoring my faith and I see my life painted on your page. You are a wonderful man and I have a deep admiration for you. God bless you. cMp
http://journals.aol.com/courtenaymphelan/FATALERROR/entries/922/

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to say hello Spencer :)

Beautiful work, as always :)

Maria

Anonymous said...

Oh Spence this is delightful!!!!!



I love this poem.

It speaks to me.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem, I get so mad my alerts aren't working either so I'm just jumping from one journal that I like to another in hopes that people have entered something...but you never disappoint....Sandi http://journals.aol.com/sdoscher458/LifeIsFullOfSurprises