Monday, October 3, 2005

DWB

I been Black many years
gray hairs, a few wrinkles;
life's trials caused tears
to rise in little sprinkles.

Got all essential needs
nothing important I lack.
But how is it, my pleads
I'm stopped being Black.

In the eyes of John Law
I'm just another marked man.
Can't help but stick in my craw
spose its just in the plan.

Always a nervous situation
John Law with hand on gun.
Words teeming of trickeration
as if he hoped I'd run.

What the hell does it take
to stop this profiling smack.
All excuses turn out fake
'cept I'm driving while Black.

Del Cano 2005 Oct

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

your pain is well felt here, dear spence ... *sigh* ... equality should come without a color ...

*hugs*

sue

Anonymous said...

Spence

I have shared with you about my color blindness....and your troubles with race in the year 2005 PISS ME OFF.

When we die and face God our souls will be clear....colorless.

And then what will these "white" men see Spence?  And then what?

Just their own ugliness.

Christina.

Anonymous said...

By the way....when my Grandpa was dying I once asked him why he never told me he was black.  Know what he told me?  




You never asked.


Anonymous said...

And you and him could be blood brothers...you resemble eachother.  He was not "light".


I love your soul.

Anonymous said...

Thanking you both dear ladies. I feel a humbleness which blushes me from your support. Tho I too wish to believe the purity of feelings and thoughts life has taught me not to count on them. Too many would crush my soul. I find it necessary to stay braced as if awaiting a major hurricane to arrive off schedule. Never to relax too much and be on the alert so as not to be caught off guard.

Love you both and am nspired by you.

Spencer