Friday, December 28, 2007

Will You Recognize Me

Our spirits have shared a branch
massaged each other to admitting
that souls do meet in the air of prose
if we allow for a total submitting.

I have no doubt the treasure found
it rose through clouds of infinity
But, when our bodies emerge for real
I wonder will you recognize me.

Will you see the lines of experience
at the time when first you do stare
when I reach out to shake your hand
will you say, "that's him, I declare."

Will you be prepared to accept
that hug of knowing embrace
tho our spirits have danced for ages
will you recognize my face.

Will you know it's I who stands
right before you like no other
Of course our spirits shall rise up
and you'll see me in true living color.

Del Cano 2007 December

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thrive on the thought that spirits recognize each other and will even when housed in flesh and blood.  I believe the eyes of the body are the windows to the spirit and would be what allows one to say "that's him, I declare."  This is such a moving  poem.  I have read it again and again.  It's almost hypnotic or at lease addictive.  There are so many levels of reality here, but the one I like most is the one that says.......this earthly vessel is not all of me and can be ignored so that our spirits can "dance for ages" "through clouds of infinity".    

Anonymous said...

I believe that souls can be linked and anyone who has "found" their soul mate has no truer love. If karma is correct, and the sages of wisdom are correct, we will all go round and round again in the circle of life. I like to think of it as an eternal merry-go-round...I keep trying to grab the gold ring! Love your poem, I have missed reading a bunch...love, Sandi