Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Stepping Outside Myself

Think I stepped beyond myself
then saw what I had heard
that often when I am writing
whispers pass like a flying bird.
 
In my full consciousness
no total detail of being aware 
but oh, when outside myself
find surprises I do declare.
 
How can one not feel
when the soul takes a look
then sends emotions scattering
like answers in a crossword book.
 
I can't but admit a quagmire
when taking a life's view
like peeping from a hiding place
then hesitate what next to do.
 
One of the surprises I find
is how I might strut along
thinking I have it in control
singing a favorite love song.
 
Might there be a lie I live
when my conscious mind misses 
emotions like other's may have
like passionate wayward kisses.  
 
Yet, must consider the circumstance
after all I do believe I'm still a man
and whether in or out of awareness
going to take a look when I can.
 
Maybe we can look another way
might be better in how we see.
When I am outside myself
I can say, that's not really me.
 
Del Cano 2007 December
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: