Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sobriety Never Shows

Sobriety can be startling
without the haze of protection
when lovers refuse to face each other
no way to grasp the reflection.

Hiding behind a drunken cloak
or tenseness of a forced smile
each has their own way to deal
when lust appears for awhile.

Tension helps the building
of passion's haunting brew.
Till each has shared the release
of erotica a time or two.

Shall I claim a difference
needing to experiencing the prize?
I've just got to face its reality
making me look into her eyes.

Between imagination's touch
and wrestling with reality's swoon
I find the where with all to make
and sail towards Lady Moon.

My sobriety never shows
in each tender moment's glare.
For the drunkeness fills me
when she touches anywhere.

Too precious to miss a scene
while fingers probe and touch
Just got to see what is happening
when I am craving her so much.

Del Cano 2007 November

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Your words draw me in as I grasp the meaning of this poem.  It is beautiful.

Myke