Saturday, August 12, 2006

I Count On You, My Private Oasis

Your words add a shot
of real Rythm and Blues
Always an adrenaline rush
good stuff my soul can use.

Just like the sun shining
you cast shadows to the wind
cloaking me with your love
more-so, now, than in the begin.

When my whole world's in chaos
can count on you, my private oasis
to share with me from just beyond
when I need to visit with God's faces.

You, my sweet song of the heart
extending a hand held as your invite.
Please know your presence is ever
needed and you never fail to excite.

When my engine needs a boost
thoughts of you provide a jump start.
And when I need to go fishing
I carry you with me in my heart.

Thru all your own world's dilemma
to me, you never fail to respond
making me feel special in knowing
you watch me fish from just beyond.

Del Cano 2006 August

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this poem.  After reading it I gave a wishful sigh.
                                         MoodyMyke

Anonymous said...

nice
nat

Anonymous said...

Sitting here watching you fish
Hoping you'll get a big  bite,
Warmed by the fervent wish
You'll remember your first delight.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, the magic of your words is incredible...I love this one.
Love,
Lane