Saturday, August 12, 2006

A Collab

My Lover Waits While I Fish (Del Cano)
I Watch Him Fishing Just Beyond (Naia)
 
 
My lover waits while I fish
to renew my soul's veneer
and tho she knows I need it
she waits close by and near.
 
I watch him fishing just beyond
his field of vision, of view . . .
capturing every movement he makes
to savor the long night through.
 
She shares the overview
the drippings of a nature show.
For each trip to the waters edge
displays more for me to know.
 
I know he needs to commune with the waters
to rejuvinate his soul
and I gladly yield him to her caress
for I know he'll come back whole.
 
My lover awaits me
while I tap the spirit of joy
bringing home to her trimmings
which I share and employ.
 
And when he enters this open door
I'll savor the gleam in his eye
as I ever thank those lapping shores
for renewing my lover's sigh.
 
Oh, my lover hangs on in
while I refill my natural zest
then when we spend our time
she knows she'll get the best.
 
Your fingers have touched the face of God
and now grace my body so . . .
I feel the divinity of your gaze
now, as I will on the morrow.
 
My lover knows I love
to wallow in nature's bed
which offers up a cocktail
for cleansing out my head.
 
I always know when he's called away
by the siren's song compelling
that when he returns, his lover's verse
will pour forth from a heart e'er swelling.
 
My lover watches the scenery
she knows its best like this
and I love her even more
when she waits for me to fish.
 
My dear one, please bring home your catch
to this lass who waits by the door
we'll fry it all up and feed those in need
as our love takes its roots at the shore.
 
 
Del Cano 2006 July. 
Naia, August 2006
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you and Naia write together I cant get enough of your words.  How beautiful and romantic.  Please write more.        Myke

Anonymous said...

I love these..........................

Anonymous said...

nice reflection of Nature's rejuvenation!
nat

Anonymous said...

Love this ... calls to mind some of Solomon's Song.
You both did a great job.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful collab...I enjoyed this, Spencer :)
Love,
Lane