Sunday, July 2, 2006

Suppose I Say, "I Love You"

Suppose I say," I love you"
would it change the way we are
or allow us to continue
as the twins upon a star.

Suppose I continue
to say, "you are adored"
count you among the gifts
I keep in my private store.

Even if I never say it
I want you to be aware
You are so damn special
you may count on me to care.

When you write your words
in that sweet poetic voice
I find myself enamored greatly
without a fleeting choice.

The way you massage me
wrap me in your written arms
I settle in the deepest calm
and radiance from your charms.

There is none more special
I allow to share a piece of me
who can touch my soul
oh, so wonderfully.

So, if I say, "I love you"
it found a way to the top
I am asking you to write more
and don't you ever stop.

Del Cano 2006 July

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

two lovers
very far apart
their eyes and hugs
greet solitary light
they dart
into the night

two poets
their poems rhyme
in double time
their joy dances
in my mind;
I think:
"do you dance still
poetic Muses?
does the moonlight
still grace your face?
I sigh
nat

Anonymous said...

What fair form dare craft thy face?
Of art or poetry?

What fair form dare craft thy heart?
Of art or poetry

And what fair light shines by thine eyes?
Of deepest fountains blue

And what fair moments slip unknown
Beneath my dreams of you

~*Dianna*~

Anonymous said...

I love this, just love it. Shows another facet of your poetic personality, and hence, your self-personality. Brings up feelings that are warmer than warm.....

Anonymous said...

This one takes me breath away, charmer! ;-) SassyDeb

Anonymous said...

Hi Spencer !!!!!!!

I love this poem you wrote. I love when you wrote :

or allow us to continue
as the twins upon a star.

This is beautiful.

The end of the poem is the way I feel about your poems. Don't you ever stop writing. Your poems touch me just like this poem.  Thanks for sharing this.