Thursday, July 27, 2006

A Virtual Trip

We took a virtual trip
was supposed to go fish
but all the fun we had
was much more than this.
 
Splashing water like kids
running hand in hand
Along the lakes edge
we got barefoot in the sand.
 
Played just like teens
like at a carnival booth
hair down in total freedom
a rebirth from our youth.
 
You, your precious smile
splashed me and ran
out of breath couple
reliving it over again.
 
You brought a virtual canoe
we paddle round the lake
soothing ripples in the water
softens our personal ache.
 
Just enjoying the outing
as I stare at your every move.
your sultry pouty pose
sure to get me in the groove.
 
Pinching myself to feel
if this is simply virtual stuff
or did we pass thru a diminsion
to make sure we got enough.
 
Come on grab your poles
I almost can't seem to wait
meet me nearby the lake
you know you are the bait.
 
Virtual might be as far
as we can both take this
I am sure we need another trip
so we can try to catch a fish.
 
Del Cano 2006 July
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun it is to read this poem.  I feel like a kid again.
It kind of softened my personal ache.  You, Master of magical words are always such a pleasure to read.
                                        Myke

Anonymous said...

Hi Spencer !

I'm backkkkk !!!!!!!! This is a great poem. It reminded me of my camping trip that I just arrived home from. I really think this is one of your most romantic outdoors poem. I really liked reading this. You should mail this to me in a e-mail since I liked it so much. Take care and thanks for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

Hi Spencer,
This was a fun poem.  It has great reader apeal.  Take Care,  Rhonda