Friday, June 23, 2006

A Breath Away

You owe me no apology
for not being able to be there
I appeased my lustful need
with lingering scents of your hair.

you owe me no explanation
for your tardiness today
remember, you are never
more than a breath away.

A sigh of contentment
hovers with your song
Jasmine and roses fluttering
help to bring you along.

No apologies needed, my sweet
each stolen moment a dance.
Forbidden fruit, a hefty taste
slurping in a tart of romance.

A sigh of passionate vision
tantalizing to the yearning soul.
Such a sparse price to pay
for those moments we stole.

No apologies needed
for missing the tryst affair.
Only need a breath
to bring you right there.

Enhaling the memories
the times we shared, indeed.
The growth of our passion
spread like a growing weed.

Never offer up a sorry
no need on any day.
I lift my head in pleasure
to find you a breath away.

Del Cano 2006 May



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow
~~~~~~~~~!!!
that's wild!
good work Spencer!
natalie

Anonymous said...

Wow...... this one blew me completely away. It left me utterly speechless. I know not what to say.        
Peace, Love, And Beautiful Words Always
~this crazey little mind~