Friday, September 9, 2005

Transition

Still feel the heat you radiate
tho a transition is in play.
The evening air is crisp
saying Autumn is on its way.

Summer shines her rays
lingering like an oven at noon.
Still it can't stop the inevitable
Fall will be here soon.

The last of the swimming,
leaves will change their hue
and grass needing to be cut
a transition as if all on cue.

I am milking each day
tho I look forward to the change.
No sweating or air conditioning
a less heated temperature range.

Oh  Summer Time, you smile
as you seem about to nap
till next year after Spring
snow melting from mountain caps.

Summertime passes on
awaiting much cooler days
till next year approaches
with its hot and charring ways.

Del Cano 2005 Sept

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was written for the poetry challenge at Poetry Dance but was too late. My time is at a premium right now but I am trying to keep some appearance of my limited visits for now. I thank you all for your support. Wish I could just hug all of you at one time. A huge big group hug.

Spencer

Anonymous said...

Very nice!!
V

Anonymous said...

You spelled the words I felt today as cool breezes rolled across the pasture pushing the hot still air out of Texas...thanks for painting my life today...cmp
Where is your nursery rhyme..are you not dancing?? cmp

Anonymous said...

((((((((((SPENCER)))))))))))  Hugs upon hugs hon'.  We are all thinking of you. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Good evening......This poem is wonderful. You should write more poems of Autumn which is my favorite season of all.

Anonymous said...

spencer, your grace and style are surely reaching higher and higher with every piece you write ... simply mesmerizing !!  

sue