Saturday, September 24, 2005

Down Home Blues

Let me sing them down home blues
Delta's theme from heart ache and pain.
when I hear them blues, baby, I get
sunshine even thru down pours of rain.

I can walk a many mile
to find the music passion I chooe.
Hey yaw'll I gotta git up and holla
just let me sing them down home blues.

Harmonica out of the case
blowing a little scat-n-run.
Finger popping so loud
think somebody shot off a gun.

Damn Ma'ma, see ya up and shaking
rocking to the down home beat.
Everybody up clappin their hands;
can't a soul stay in their seat.

Let me sing some of history's songs
cram in some for all to use.
Delta's theme from heart ache and pain
just let me sing some down home blues.

Del Cano 2005 Sept

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good evening.......WOW.........This poem is filled with true soul and beauty........WONDERFUL...........

Anonymous said...

rumor has it, my friend, that you can bust out in a tune all your own !  BB King ain't got nuttin' on you, sweet spence !  gosh, you KNOW that i love all of them greats ... Barry White ... that soul soothin' soul man ...

*squishes* *smooches*

sue

Anonymous said...

There was a time I could bust out a tune and rock the room. Right now I just hold the memories close and dear. But, the music remains forever in my heart.
Spencer